Sliders are hugely popular, even fast food chains got in on it. I like to make them because they’re really easy and it changes up the menu from just another burger on the grill.
My goal in cooking for my family is getting a “Two Thumbs Up” rating from both kids and a satisfying smile from the wife. Since my kids aren’t picky eaters and love all vegetables (like they have a choice, ha!) it’s not hard to get that rating at the Reimer Restaurant, so you’ll need to let me know how these recipes rate at your house.
1 pound of ground beef
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 package of bacon
Several dashes of Worcestershire sauce, Garlic Powder, and Salt & Pepper
Pre-heat oven to 400F
Step 1: Making the sliders
- Combine the ground beef, diced onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt & pepper in a large mixing bowl
- Mix with your hands for optimal results
- Make small palm-sized meatballs, flatten slightly and place on a platter
- Place a few jalapenos on top of each patty
- Wrap each one with a slice of bacon or two. As you can see in the picture above, I only used one slice because I didn’t have enough for two.
Step 2: Cooking the sliders
- Place the sliders in a roasting pan and put it in the oven
- Cook for 20-30 minutes
- Don’t turn them. You don’t ever disturb the bacon.
- Grab a beer and inhale the wonderful aromas these little wonders are creating in your kitchen
- Remove from the oven and place sliced cheese on top right away
- Let them rest for 5 minutes
Step 3. Assembling the sliders
- Place a slider on a dinner roll
- Add your favorite condiments. I like to add a little Sriracha sauce for some extra heat.
- Add any veggies (if that’s your thing)
- Now eat them! Eat several; they are small.
The bacon really adds a nice smokey flavor, and the jalapenos give it that extra kick making these sliders a memorable meal. If you kids don’t like it spicy, just make a handful without the jalapenos. You can cook these on the grill if you don’t want to use the oven during the summer. Just be careful not to disturb the bacon, or cook it too fast.
Make them this weekend and let me know what you think in a comment below.Tags: bacon, cooking, grilling, hamburger, jalapeno, sliders, spicy