Join me live on Facebook this Thursday, August 10th, at 6:30pm! https://facebook.com/dadscancooktoo
Venison is a staple in our house. Harvesting venison in the fall provides our family with enough meat for most of the year. Don’t worry if you don’t have access to some of the leanest, tastiest, and hyper-local meat, as any tenderloin (beef or pork) would work well with this recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (for 6 servings)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp whole peppercorns
- 2 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 Tsp of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Mixed greens (Spinach, red leaf, kale, etc…)
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced (or 2 cups cherry tomatoes)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Other salad toppings (cucumber, olives, feta or blue cheese, sunflower seeds, grapes, etc…)
- Fresh bread
- Bold red wine from Portugal
- Combine, Worcestershire sauce, red wine, balsamic vinegar, peppercorns, garlic, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add tenderloin to mixture and let sit as long as you can, overnight even.
- Save marinade and place in sauce pan.
- Bring marinade to a boil, then simmer until reduced
- Grill tenderloin on medium heat, turn often, until medium rare. About 10 minutes
- Let rest for at least 5 minutes
- Plate salads
- Slice and serve on top of salad
- Top with feta or blue cheese and reduced marinade
- Serve with fresh bread and red wine
Tags: avocado, blue cheese, bread, cooking, dads can cook, featured, feta cheese, garlic, red wine, salad, tenderloin, tomato, venison