Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee – A Review
When you’re given some 100% Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, and asked to try it and write a review one shouldn’t hesitate. I’m so glad I said yes. This batch comes from Coffee Roasters of Jamaica (brother-in-law of my co-worker).
As you’ll see in the pictures below, they spared no expense with the packaging. I really appreciate the attention to detail, from the burlap bag to the “wax” seal. The vacuum resealable bag was great to maintain optimum freshness. The roast was medium which gives it a broad appeal. I brewed using a traditional drip method, pourover, and french press. See my conclusion below.
Given the high price of this coffee (due to the law of supply and demand) most of the time you’ll find blends and not 100% Jamaican Blue Mountain. I’ve only had 100% a few times, but this coffee was definitely memorable. As stated above, I brewed this three ways. The drip method was consistent and decent, the pourover (or is it pour-over or pour over?) was nice and clean, but the french press was the best way to enjoy this coffee. The extra time steeping brings out the smooth flavor and pleasing nose, and there was a good amount of crema. It would be nice to have the option of a darker roast, but trust me this coffee is worth every penny. Splurge on yourself and enjoy. You can buy some today and learn more about their roasting and business on their website: www.countrytraders.com.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.
4 Comments + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee – A Review
- BBQ Pulled Pork with Horseradish Mustard Rub
- Crock Pot Curried Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- How I Got My Kids to Eat Kale
- Venison Sausage, Chorizo and Sweet Potato Chili
- Pinot Pistachio Soup
- Egg and Onion Cups Topped With Bacon
- Mediterranean Tilapia topped with Feta, Olives, Onion, and Tomatoes
- Scallops with Spinach and Tomato (and bacon) over Pasta
- Caldo Verde – Portuguese Kale Soup with Chorizo
Foodie Sites I Like
- Dear Coffee, I Love You
- Dining 14850.com
- Eating Ithaca
- Eggs On Sunday
- Ithaca's Food Web
- Jamie Oliver – Food Revolution
- Kayotic Kitchen
- Marion's Vintage Bake Shop
- Smitten Kitchen
- Taste Portugal
- Tasty Kitchen
- The Cook's Atelier
- The Kitchn
- The Picky Palate
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks
- The Yellow Table
- Zesty Cook