I was browsing through recent pictures on my phone and found several I didn’t take. They were of apple crisp my wife made the other night. I suppose she wants me to post this for everyone to enjoy. I call this Super-Duper Easy Apple Crisp because it is exactly that. You’ll see as you follow the steps below. Enough of me rambling, try this soon and let me know how it goes.
[Update – I neglected to state when I first posted this that the steaming bowl pictured below was hand-delivered unsuspectingly to me. I’m the luckiest guy in the world to have such an amazing wife.]
- 3-4 cups apples (3-4 medium sized)
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- 10 minutes prep
- 45 minutes cooking
Step 1: Apples
- Pealing is optional, depending on type of apple. Keeping the skin on adds texture, nutrition, and color.
- Core and cube
- Set aside
Step 2: Crumbly stuff
- Mostly melt the butter in sauce pan
- Add flour and mix well
- Add oats
- Add brown sugar
- Mix until crumbly
- If runny just add more flour or oats, but not sugar
Step 3: Baking
- Fill a 8×8 glass baking dish (or similar size) about 3/4 full with apples
- Top with the crumbly stuff
- Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes
- It’s done when the top will be crispy and brown and the apples bubbling
- Oh, and it smells so good!
- Serve with vanilla ice cream
- and enjoy!